Tuesday 19 February 2013

River Thames

Today was my first session out in a few months.
I decided last minute to chuck the gear in the car for an afterwork session as the temperatures had been around 1º for the past 3 days and then there was a sudden temp increase up to 10º for a couple of days so I thought this could trigger a brief feeding spell.

I fished the same area as where I lost the fish at the beginning of the season.
I decided on just one rod, fishing in a semi slack area off the main flow.
Its around 10ft deep here normally, however the river was carrying an extra foot or so of water causing it to come up over the bank.

I had seen some posts online that the water temps earlier in the week had been 3.8º so upon arrival I took the temp which showed around 4.7º so the increase in air temp had definately made a slight difference to the water temps after only 12hours.

Upon arrival there were 2 guys just packing up. A brief chat revealed they had just one fish, a sea trout.

This area of the Thames is extremely popular, so any catches from the area would need to be kept discreet.

Anyway I spent 3 hours fishing heavily glugged boilies in the crease to no avail.

There is only 3 and a half weeks left of the river season so im gonna try and get out as much as I can in the next few weeks to try and bag a fish before the seasons end.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment